OUTPATIENT PAIN SERVICES
Patients requiring a review of their pain management (pre-operatively or post-operatively) can be referred to the Pain Specialists at PainScience, which operates out of SMAC. The Pain Specialists at PainScience are also part of our Acute Pain Service.
Patients who may require assessment include:
- CRPS or severe neuropathic pain
- Patients requiring high-doses of opioids
- Patients on multiple analgesic agents that may have trouble weaning off these
- Patients with previous chronic pain issues – (Generally we prefer that patients who are already known to a pain specialist go back to them for follow-up) – if unsure please call one of our Pain Specialists to discuss the case.
PainScience offers a team-based approach to pain management in conjunction with GPs and our expert group of Pain Specialists, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Pharmacists.
PainScience offers the following pain management services:
- Consultations & case conferencing
- Procedures (blocks & injections)
- Nerve stimulators
- Back & neck pain
- Knee & shoulder pain
- Headaches & migraine
- Nerve pain & CRPS
- Pelvic & abdominal pain
- Cancer pain
- Workers’ compensation
- Motor vehicle injury
- Medico-legal assessments
- STEPS programme (Black Swan)
- PainPREP programme
PainScience also promotes pain research and training in affiliation with Joondalup Health Campus, the Churack Chair of Chronic Pain Education and Research, University of Notre Dame and other universities, and the Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists.
All consultations require a GP or specialist referral, and fees may apply. Generally, referrals for pre-op assessment or post-op follow up will be bulk billed. You can call any of the Pain Specialists if you have more questions.
|Pain Medicine Physicians:
||Pain Medicine Fellows:
You can find our referral form here.